[Second Year-Middle]Realizations and Reminiscing

Damien waves to Pixie.

Pixie waves back and says, "So how are you doing?"

Damien smiles slightly "Better than three days ago. So great. You?"

Pixie walks towards the grey-eyed one, her eyes sparkle and show just how happy she is, knowing he's here which anyone can make out if they looked carefully enough. She smiles back as she sits next to him and replies, "Hmm.. why is that? And I am good, A little tired though from fighting in the forest."

Damien smiles slightly as he focuses his eyes on her "Three days ago I knew only solitude. Having no catalysts to affect things I had neither good days nor bad. Now, that has changed" His smile grows slightly wider as eyes that once were cold and detached, are now brighter.

Pixie looks into those eyes that are now focusing on her and remembers how they looked the first time she ever saw them. They did look cold, distant. But, to her... they looked lonely, sad and somehow warm which was something she didn't understand, "Do you miss it? The solitude.."

Damien smiles warmly before giving both a nod and a shake of his head. "On occasions when I find myself slipping into old habits, yes I do miss it. But every time else, I realized the things I've learned in this short time, the things I've gained, and I know I wouldn't go back even if I had the option to" he leans back slightly before continuing "You told me that I wouldn't regret giving you a chance. Giving us a chance. And I've never been more glad that I was wrong because I don't regret it."

Pixie's large brown eyes widen as she hears him say this. She thought that the day would come when he would realize that everyone needs someone, but she didn't expect it to happen so fast, she can't stop as she utters the next few words, "If something were to happen to me... If you somehow never got to see me again. Would you still open up and talk to others? You won't go back would you?."

Damien raises a brow at the weighted question but gives a shrug nonetheless "I don't know. My best guess would be that for a short time I would retreat to solitude, but either I would find my way out or I would be helped by the friends I have gained. Why do you ask?" he asked brow still arched into the air

Pixie realizes she did ask a weighted question... something that wasn't even on her mind until she uttered the words. She looks down as she says, "I don't know... The question just came to me." She does think about why she asked that question and suddenly she understands why. Now that she has realized, she wonders if she should tell him and decides that it's probably best she doesn't... It may be too soon to talk about such things, so she just looks away not wanting her eyes to deceive her as they are too easy to read.

Damien nods his head lowering his brow, though still wary of what's being unsaid, but speaks anyway "There is never any guarantee that a single person will be somewhere their entire lives. I know this simple fact well. But I can guarantee that every second I'm able I'll be here for you. After all, you've been here for me. So, what I'm saying is I don't mind waiting for things unsaid. Just as long as they aren't too late to be said"

Pixie feels touched hearing him say that he would always be there for her as she remembers telling him that she needs him and she does, but she was still unsure of his feelings towards her as sometimes certain things need to be said. She now hears him mention the things she decided to look at a later time and realizes that he seems to have understood that she hid something from him which surprises her as she didn't expect him to know her so well, "I'll keep that in mind. I just don't worry you now, that's all" she adds reluctantly as she knows there is no point in avoiding it and that he would find out sooner or later.

Damien smiles warmly and kisses her cheek "You don't have to worry about worrying me. I've always been a survivor. I know I'm not the easiest person to understand, but I say this with the utmost conviction. Whenever you decide to tell me, be it tomorrow, months from now, whenever I will stick by you."

Pixie's heart breaks as he says he has always been a survivor and wishes things were different, but then realizes that if things were different he wouldn't have been the Thorne she fell in love with and she knows now that he would never leave her and she feels relieved beyond words, "I can't help myself. I'm starting to care more and more about you by the second that I worry about you all the time. I will tell you this much... I don't stay in one place, I am one of those people who just can't and it's not in my hands. You might wake up one day and not find me. Not because I don't want to stay, but because I can't." Can't imagine away so adding, "If and when that happens, remember I'll always be thinking about you and might even be able to come back."

Damien smiles warmly nodding understandingly before saying "And I'll understand when that happens. And no matter how long or short, there will always be time. If and when you end up leaving you can always think back to the poor anti-social whose life you changed." He thinks back to every interaction and frowns slightly realizing that she was the one who set things in motion, and he never really tried. For the first time, he sees what everyone else saw when they interacted with him. He erases the frown before looking up at her "I guess I'm pretty much a puzzle only half solved"

Pixie nods at the puzzle and says, "Well, it's a puzzle I would like to solve and you can't call yourself anti-social. You seemed more like a mystery, you were always there around people. Doesn't matter if you weren't talking. I am sure that if not me, someone else would have spoken to you and changed you."

Damien smiles widely saying "I could try to argue about the anti-social statement, but that would just go nowhere." a chuckle escapes his lips that lasts only a brief second. "It would have, and did take a special kind of person to change me. I'm glad it was you" he sighs before saying what he wanted to say next "And something that I never thought possible did happen I began to l... you" A pause broke his words as he found himself unable to enunciate a word that she said a lot. He was unable to say a word that she said the day they met. He paused gathering that he was too unused to the word and hoped she would understand what he meant.

Pixie is now really surprised as she does understand what he means and realizes that she wasn't expecting him to say this; she even thought that it would probably be one-sided and was okay with it as long as he was with her, tears well up in her eyes "Thank you for telling me that. I didn't realize I needed to hear it until you... tried to tell me. I understand what you mean. I want to be able to always understand you and will try my best to do just that." She puts her arms around his neck and looks up at him to show him with her eyes how much it means to her that he felt that way.

Damien raises a brow at the tears but smiles softly conveying all that he wasn't able to do through words, into that one expression "I stand by everything I said. I l... you" he says, and though once again, there is a pause, he says everything without hesitation before kissing her cheek.

Pixie leans into him and closes her eyes, not being able to make herself believe that it's true she says, "Pinch me I can't believe it.."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

[The End 12/13] An Endless Cycle

[Fallen 1/4]Changes