[Intermediate 1/3] Points of View

So a bit of this RP is lost forever, but the only thing that happened before this point is Damien and Chava starting their argument on whether to spare or torture Aeron.

|| While Chava had some good points, she was still missing his point. Yes he'd done some bad things, but so had everyone in this war. One could argue that he did some of the worst things himself He'd tortured and killed indiscriminately. He didn't care who died, as long as he was killing someone. There was no rhyme or reason to anything he did. The same couldn't be said of the others."I'm not saying forgive him immediately. I'm just saying, wait a little while before acting. See if he truly regrets his actions." He sighed lightly, before sitting upright. "And I know first hand what what regret is like. He had no idea what he was getting into. I wouldn't doubt Lucedio lying to him to get him on his side."

|| Chava sat mostly dumbfounded. Was this even Damien next to her? Because it certainly wasn't sounding like him. He was always down to kill, or torture, no matter who someone was or what had happened. Had someone messed with his mind or something? Not likely. "You... don't sound like yourself." She sighs and shakes her head, before getting out of bed entirely to stand, as much energy as it took to do just that. She leans against the opposite wall, rubbing her temples. She was thinking too much- thinking on things she hadn't thought about in a long time. Things that she had never even told Damien. She considered it better to block out memories. "I have a small history with the Imperius curse," she admits, sighing  lightly. Though she didn't elaborate on that fact in the slightest. She clears her throat, before looking back up at Damien, a different kind of fire in her eyes. "Look. I can sure as hell bet that Lucedio never told Aeron to beat the #@%$ out of me like that. He did that on his own merit, and I doubt he regrets it either." Everything she remembers about Aeron rises to the front of her brain, her face slowly turning red with a kind of rage, thinking on it. "Aeron only cares about himself, I hope you realize. He'll pick whatever side will keep him alive." She trains her eyes on him, her irises burning. "But he did all of that to me, and not to you. So it's a good thing that its /my/ decision, not yours." And it was, wasn't it? Aeron had done that all to her, and not to Damien. So /she/ should get to decide what became of him. "You have no place to forgive him for what he did to me. So I'm going to make him suffer. Feel free to join me, or not."

|| She was right, he didn't quite sound like himself, though that wasn't quite a bad thing, at least in his eyes. He could probably even blame his relationship with Chava for him getting softer. Yet, still, he couldn't help but felt he didn't want to be this way necessarily. He enjoyed being his sadistic self, yet at the same time, he knew that he was becoming more like he used to be, or who he would have been had Lucedio never intervened. "Maybe, but that's a different topic." He raised a brow at her comment on the Imperius curse, but when it wasn't further explained he shook his head slightly. "I also have no doubt that you tried to anger him so he would kill you. And whether or not he regrets it, we don't know." It wasn't as if they could read his mind. he wasn't a legillimens given his lack of magical talent, and he doubted Chava was either. "I would chose whichever side would help me win if I was in his position. The only reason I'm on the losing side is because he hates my guts." And that was how he felt. They were losing. Their last fight cemented that in his mind, "But if you want to make him suffer, you do that. I'll have no part in it."

|| Frankly, she had almost expected him to agree with her after the argument she had made. She had made sense, she knew she had. What was wrong with him? It infuriated her that he seemed to no longer care what Aeron had done to her, or that she had very nearly died by his hands, or that they even all could have. No, he didn't care. He wanted to /forgive/ and have no part in his pain. She stares at him for several minutes after he speaks, her mind spinning. It hurt. "Thanks for your help," she murmurs sarcastically, crossing her arms over her chest. There was much less anger now, mainly hurt in her voice and her eyes. It didn't make any sense. "So, I guess if I die in the process of trying to hurt him, I can thank you for the help." She was getting too ridiculously upset over this, but she didn't want to stand there anymore, she didn't even want to see his reaction. She might have gone too far that time. So she pushes herself from the wall and moves to walk out of the room, to head back downstairs. Breathe, and then try to fix this.

|| It seemed as if Chava didn't understand his viewpoint. He wasn't /against/ torturing Aeron per se, just waiting to see what Aeron does, before he made a decision. It wasn't something he often considered. Perhaps it was because Aeron was his brother, or perhaps it was some other reason. Either way it didn't really matter to him. "I never act without thinking on it. Just because I'm considering forgiveness for once, doesn't mean that torturing him isn't on my mind." He winced at her low blow, before shaking his head. He wasn't going to apologize because she decided to hit below the belt. He'd done nothing wrong. Regardless, he followed her out of the room, speaking as he did. "I never said I wouldn't help you heal or whatnot. I'm just not laying a finger on Aeron, until I'm confident I know whether he regrets his actions or not."

|| She knew Aeron wasn't regretful. She was sure of it. If he did apologise it would be fake, and she would still want to kill him. In her mind, there was no making up for what he had done. Aeron could kill Lucedio himself and she still wouldn't forgive him or let him off free. She groans as Damien follows her, having hoped he would have known to let it go for just a moment so she could breathe. Just of course, Damien didn't usually pick up on these things. He hadn't even known she liked him when she first kissed him, for god's sake. So, she takes a deep breath, and slowly turns around to face him once more. She really didn't want to keep doing this. "I don't want to argue with you." She really didn't. She hated arguing with him, and it got them no where a majority of the time. "I just..." No, how could she turn this around? It was obvious both of them needed a little more trust, a little more confidence, something. Anything that would help them. Maybe, just maybe it would help if Damien grew to understand her a little better. There was too much that she never mentioned, too much she had never told Damien that she really probably should have. "Can I take you somewhere?" she says suddenly.

|| A sigh escapes his lips, and he shakes his head, finally giving up on this conversation. Chava could never see it his way, but perhaps he wasn't able to see it her way either. Regardless, he would let the matter drop for now. It wasn't worth arguing over and over again. He sighed before nodding that he was conceding. "Alright. No arguing. I'll let the matted drop." He cocks his head at her question, before raising a brow. Being taken somewhere? "Where?" Perhaps it was his paranoia coming up when he didn't need it, but he got a slightly uneasy feeling about the whole thing. "I guess."
<SLY> Stay Alive Chava || She didn't answer his question of where, she just wanted out of there as soon as possible. The thought of apparation sounded absolutely terrible, but then again- walking sounded even worse. She manages to offer him a quick, almost sad smile, before gripping his hand in hers and spinning on the spot. "I want to show you something." When they arrived, Chava knew then just how bad apparation was, and immediately doubled over as she tried to keep herself from throwing up. Seeing the house itself was bad enough. And she knew it wouldn't be abandoned. She almost wished it was. She takes a deep breath, trying to pull herself together and gripping to Damien. The house was large- it had to have been to house so many people, and looked old as hell. It had been unoccupied for some time. "I grew up here," she murmurs. "I figured there are some things I should tell you that I haven't." Without waiting for an answer, she grabs his hand and pulls him inside the doors, a shudder running down her spine. This didn't feel right. But it was necessary. She had to trust him more, or all they would do for the rest of their lives was argue. "What have I told you about my family?"

|| The fact that she didn't answer his question made him worry even more. He knew she wouldn't harm him or anything, but he was starting to worry that she would bring up something bad or something that tied into their previous argument and that everything would just start all over again. He raised a brow at Chava doubling over, though he didn't say anything. Not everyone got along with apparation. He waited, his hands by his sides, before she brought herself up gripping on him. He raised a brow at what she was saying, realizing how little he actually knew about Chava's past. Granted there were things she didn't know about his own past, but she at least knew some of his past. "I don't think you've ever mentioned anything about your family."

|| The house was a mess, to say the least. But Chava couldn't say anything to attest to that, as she didn't know exactly why. She had been kicked out before any of this must have happened. She kicks a chair over, no longer looking at Damien. "I had eight brothers and sisters, for starters, and I was the second youngest, and the least favorite." It was something Chava had never once spoken aloud, so it was strange to her to be saying any of this. She felt like her mother or father might swoop in at any moment and destroy her for it. She growls slightly. "I told you I have a history with the Imperius curse, and that's because when my parents needed anything done, that was their go to curse to make me do it." Of course, she was much more strong willed back then, and capable of fighting it. Not that she did fight it. It would have only caused more problems. But there was no denying it contributed to the deterioration of her mind. She probably could have ended up doing anything she wanted to, if it wasn't like this. "I have no forgiveness for those who willingly take away my willpower and control over myself."

| Damien couldn't really say much about the house, since his manor wasn't in the best of shapes when he first got it. When Chava tipped over a chair, he decided to lean against a wall, preferring not to sit down in a chair that could possibly break under him. "Large family." he stated simply. He knew what being in a family where you weren't liked was like. He didn't say anything more preferring to just let her talk, and listen to what she had to say. It surprised him that her family would use the imperius on her, though that was mainly because he didn't know anything about her family, and the only two examples of family he ever really had, was his birth family, and a family that broke. Just as he suspected, it all drew back to their argument on Aeron, and Damien groaned right then and there. "I thought we were dropping that subject? The only thing I'm saying more on it, is that I'm waiting until I have /all/ the information." He sighed lightly, irritation getting the best of him. "I'm not a Griffindor. I don't rush into a situation blindly, and you shouldn't either. That's how you get killed." And that was all he would say. He wasnt going to talk about it anymore, otherwise they'd argue forever.

|| Chava snarls, immediately slamming her foot against a small table, allowing chipped glass vase to crash to the floor and shatter. This wasn't what she was here for. He didn't understand. She wasn't here to continue some stupid fucking argument that she didn't even want to have. She holds a finger up to him, stopping him before he continued speaking. She didn't want to here it. "Can I not explain my reasoning? Like I said, I'm /not/ going to argue with you on this. I'm showing you why I think the way I do, and that's not even all I'm here for. We can't keep arguing every day so let's just..." She takes a deep breath. She blamed it on pregnancy mood swings, and moved on. She couldn't keep allowing herself to blow up. "So let me continue. Unless you don't want to hear anything about me at all..." She pauses there for a few, before moving to head to the upstairs of the house, nodding her head for him to follow her. She leans against the closed doorway of her shared room. "You remember the story I told you about my first kill?"

| Damien shook his head at Chava, rolling his eyes. Of course when she brings up something that was /clearly/ related to Aeron, she blames him for commenting on it. It seemed backwards to him. Either way he'd be dropping it, but if she made another comment relating to Aeron, he would probably just give up and go home. He was trying to drop the conversation, trying to move past it, trying to hear what she had to say, but she just wouldn't let him. Instead of saying anything, he just sat there and let her speak. If he even so much as opened his mouth, she'd probably yell at him again. Of course, when she asked a question, he decided it was safe to comment again. "The accidental one, right?"


|| She narrows her eyes at him, doing her best to remain calm, and controlled. But she couldn't help if he was pissing her off. She wasn't trying to bring up the argument- she was merely trying to explain to him why she thought the way she did in the argument. He had done so, so would she. She knocks on the door of her room, but doesn't open it. "It was an accident, yes. and a mix up of Unforgivables. But it wasn't a random, I lied about that." She hoped to god Damien would at least take this seriously, or she wasn't sure how much longer she could stand there before him. Before the anger merely turned into hurt. As it was, she was spilling out her entire god damn childhood to him, and he was rolling his eyes at her. "I killed my youngest sister, Damien. Because she was $!#@ing me the $!#k off, and I finally succumbed. Learned that the Imperius curse was the answer. Turns out I used the wrong curse."

|| When Chava narrowed her eyes at him, Damien didn't say anything. He hadn't said anything that was wrong, nor did he want her going off on him for the slightest thing. He raises her brow as she knocks on a door, before cocking his head as she speaks. What difference did it make if it was a random or not? He'd just be an advocate for killing for the sake of killing. He still said nothing. It seemed as if Chava was a time bomb, just waiting to explode at everything. And as much as he liked a Chava that was mad, he just preferred when it was directed at someone else. Like what happened when he pushed her to kill someone. When she kept speaking, he raised his brow further, though he wasn't sure what to say. 'That sucks?' 'Oh, well.'? It was something he couldn't really say anything to. "It was a mistake anyone could have made." He'd probably make that mistake, if he hadn't had every unforgivable thrown at him.

|| Chava groans and rubs her temples. Maybe she shouldn't have said anything. Maybe it wouldn't make any difference anyway, to him or her. Maybe she was stupid for wanting to bring this up in the first place. He didn't get it. "I got kicked out. And that's what drove me fucking insane." She shakes her head, before stepping out and away from him. She couldn't have this conversation here anymore. She wanted to go home. She wanted to curl back into bed. "I'll meet you back there," she murmurs, before apparating back home by herself, assuming Damien would be right behind her. When she did get back to the Dagger Manor, she splutters for a breath, collapsing down into a seat. She would only start speaking again once Damien had rejoined her. "That's where I started hating kids. When I first had Aveline I couldn't even stand to look at her." She holds her head in her hands, looking down at the ground. She wished he would comfort her, in some way, but she figured it might be too late for that. He was just annoyed. "I'm sorry, okay? I am. I just don't want to !#@k things up again."

|| Despite Chava leaving, Damien took a few moments to stay. As annoyed as he might be at her, he still wanted to look around a bit before going back. It was strange to see something from her past, and that it was one of her pivotal moments, caused him to take a new appreciation for the place, and what she said. It was one of the reasons he always went back to the place where he was tortured. It was a pivotal moment in his life that changed him. Much like she went insane because of something that happened here, he went insane because of something that happened there. They were far more alike than he'd originally thought. He wasn't sure yet if that was a good thing or a bad thing, given their arguing. He was banking on good though. When he finally apparated back home, he took a seat opposite her, much calmer than he was when he left. "I understand." he started, scooting his chair so he was next to her. He pulled her into his arms before continuing. "But you have to move past it. I realize that may sound hypocritical, but look at me as a bad example if you have to. I'm so /defined/ by my past, that it's the sole reason I do anything anymore. I'm so /driven/ by my war with Lucedio, I don't even know what I'll do afterwards." he sighed lightly, realizing this was about to steer into a topic she wasn't exactly going to like, but perhaps it would help her understand him a bit more. Just like how she helped him understand her a bit more. "I guess that's why I don't mind if I die by Lucedio's hands. I don't know anything, but war. I can't settle down, live an ordinary life after all of this."

|| She heaves a long sigh of relief when he pulls her into his arms, and she curls her own around him, grasping tightly. That alone was much better than any silly, stupid argument. She listens to all he has to say, nodding gently. Everything was so exhausting, but to her, a normal life sounded like a good bet. And it was something she was certainly striving for. So it made her sad to hear him talk like this, when he really did have more options. She wanted him to be just as optimistic for the future as she was striving to be. She raises her head to -press a gentle kiss to his cheek. "You might not mind," she whispers close to his ear. "But I do. And you also know deep down what will happen to me, even if he kills you." She pauses for a moment, before pulling herself into his lap and cupping his face in her hands so he would look at her. "I think you and I are perfectly capable of winning this war, and then living a normal life. Our own version of a normal life." Chava brushes the hair out of his face, attempting a smile. The more she says it, the more she grew to believe it for themselves. "We're sure as hell not going to let our kids be orphans, or even fatherless. With Lucedio dead, we can just... grow old here and parent angsty teenagers and brutally torture any victims waiting for us in your basement." She couldn't help but laugh. That was certainly the kind of life she wanted. "I want that. But it can't happen unless you want it too."

|| What Chava was suggesting sounded nice in theory, however he knew that he wouldn't be able to handle that kind of life. The only reason he ever fought was to survive, but if he didn't know how to live, then what use was surviving. At the end of the war, he'd just have a freedom he wouldn't know what to do with. It was like keeping a man captive all of his life, then one day thrusting him into the open world. And while he would certainly count himself luckier than that theoretical man, he had Chava by his side after all, their reactions towards freedom would be the same at the end of the day. 'What the hell do I do now?' "I know you care, but if I died killing Lucedio, I could at least be happy with that." He wanted a normal life, but it was an unattainable goal for him. "I don't know if I'd be suited for a normal life. Let me ask you a hypothetical question. Let's say you were locked away in an empty room for the next twenty years. That room is all that you know? What's the first thing you'd do once you got out?" He waited a second so she could give her answer, before continuing "Now let's say you were locked in that room for birth. Would you know what to do, what you /could/ do when you got out?" Once again he paused waiting for the answer to his question before saying. "That's like my situation. The only thing I've known is that room. If I beat Lucedio I'm free. But when I only know how to survive, and not live, it makes adjusting that much harder." he took a deep breath before sighing. "I want that life, but I'm not sure I would be able to handle it."

|| So he claimed that if he died killing Lucedio, he would be fine with that. In a world where Lucedio couldn't run off just to kill Chava while she was mourning. But was Damien thinking of what would happen in that case? "Even with you and Lucedio dead, where would that leave me?" Her eyes droop, her fingers combing through his hair absentmindedly. "Where would that leave our family? I wouldn't be able to provide for them." She'd use all the guilt she had to if it would just change his mind. "And you'd want me to suffer here having lost you? I don't even want to live a life that you're not in. Please, Dami..." Chava presses a kiss to his forehead, ignoring the tear running down her cheek. "Don't leave me." She could have said that she was practically begging him, but she would do anything to get him to stay. She listens then, at his questions, and they made sense, of course they did. But that's where she could help him, right? "I'll help you," she whispers, starting to grip him tighter and tighter, as if she would never, ever let go. "Survive. Live. For me, for our kids, anything. We can learn to have that life and I'll help you handle it. I need you here. And you've promised you wouldn't leave." She suddenly throws her arms around his neck and pulls him against her, burying her face into his neck. "So shut up, you don't get to leave me like that."

|| He leaned his head back against the chair sighing slightly at her points. She was partially right. It would be hard on her if he died and she lived. She'd have to take care of their kids by herself. There was only one flaw in her argument. "You'd have the entire Thorne fortune, but I understand what you mean." He sighed again, as she began speaking, accepting that she'd help him. He wasn't sure whether it would work or not, but he was willing to at least try. He didn't want to leave Chava, and he didn't want her to leave him, but with a life as filled with despair as his, would that wish come true, or remain only a wish. He would try to make it real, but that's all he could do. "I can live with that."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epilogue

[The End 12/13] An Endless Cycle

[Fallen 1/4]Changes