[Azkaban 2/5]Botched Spree
|| Six months had come and gone, and where Chava had become inactive to hide out from the ministry, Damien had become more active. Not only did he take up the noble art of torture once more, but he had began to dabble in politics at the "will of his parents". His vault in Gringotts had never before been so full, and neither had his basement. But these things didn't solve the pang he'd been feeling as of late. Sure he had victims and gold aplenty, yet still he was bored. While he certainly felt a rush while tormenting people, it was not nearly the same rush that he used to get, training his protege. And thus, most days when he wasn't in the basement, or off at the Ministry, he tried to fill his every second with either training or Chava. He felt that perhaps if he made sure he had something to do at all times of the day, then perhaps this boredom would surely fade. Unfortunately today there was nothing to be done at the ministry and while there were poor souls in the basement, it was a bit too early for a bloodshed. To his bemusement, he would not be inactive for long, as the wards suddenly alerted him to Chava's presence outside. He wasn't expecting her to show up this early, but he certainly wasn't about to turn her away. A couple strides and he reached the door, pulling it open, "Chava, you know you can..." His words trailed off quickly as he looked down at the woman's form on the ground. He didn't hear whatever she said, but he immediately moved into action nonetheless. He picked her up off of the ground, ignoring the bag entirely. It could be brought in later, Chava was more important. He quickly brought her up to his bedroom, placing her on the bed, before rushing back out to the storeroom, searching for his potions. Lumping bottle after bottle into his arms, he heaves the large pile up towards the bedroom, before searching through the potions for one to heal her wounds. She wasn't nearly as bad as when Lucedio got his hands on her, but wounds were still wounds, and untreated a stab wound would be deadly. He very nearly ripped the stopper out of the bottle, before pouring the contents into her mouth, followed by a Wideye Potion. Perhaps it would help wake her up.
|| Only faintly aware of herself being picked up, Chava had only really passed out in Damien's arms. She had clearly made the right choice in coming to him though, as his potions worked wonders for her injuries. She hadn't even been unconscious long before she starts to cough, her eyes blinking open. She could already feel the effects of the potion, one of her hands pressed against the wound, as if trying to restrict her blood loss. Despite this, however, she gave Damien a rather sheepish grin, already moving as if to sit up. It was almost like she kept forgetting she was injured, or just didn't care too much about it- despite the means of which she had been injured. She twists around and reaches as if to grab for something, feeling around the bed and her person, before her grin turns into something more of a frown. "Where's my bag?" is the first thing she says, growing a little frantic. She was almost positive she had brought it with her when she apparated to the Dagger Manor. Did Damien do anything with it, did he see what was inside, or did he leave it? "Damien," she hisses, "No one can see what's inside that bag, I need it." Sh could only imagine someone's horror if they found a bag of actual human hearts and multiple murder weapons outside the Dagger Manor, and how it could effect Damien's newfound public reputation. And of course, it was only then that she realised just how badly she had messed up, with what she had done. No, she really hadn't thought it through. She was struck with bloodlust and she acted on it. She groans and buries her face in her hands, turning away from Damien as if unwilling to look at him.
|| A simple raised brow was the only answer Damien gave. What could be so important about a bag, that she would desperately try to grab it? He raised a finger, as if tellign her to stay there. Without saying another word, he walked downstairs and out the door, before picking up a bag. Confusion and curiosity picking at his mind, he pulls it open, peering inside. For a second he thought that she had borrowed hearts from his storage, but at a second glance they were too freshly removed for that to be true. The only explanation he could come up with was that she had done the deed herself. And further investigation into the bag proved him right. He would have been quite impressed, had she not returned injured. "I'll need to speak about this with her." he mutters to himself. He grabs a single heart out of the bag, before closing it. It would be a statement that he knew she would pick up on. Climbing the stairs up to the bedroom once again, he calls out "Chava." He nudges the door open with his foot, before stepping back inside the bedroom. "It appears we need to have a discussion."
Chava still was very pointedly looking away from Damien when he came back up to the room, but she releases another groan, rubbing her temples. Her cheeks flushing bright red, she looks down at her hands in her lap, still covered in her own blood. "I'm sorry," she mumbles, biting down hard on her bottom lip. She pauses there for a moment, unsure what to say to him. Was he going to be mad at her, or disappointed, or what? Chava was obviously embarrassed, to a degree. "I did say I fucked up," she sighs. She looks over at him with a frown, catching his eyes for only a moment, before she decided she wanted to look away again. Clearly he had looked inside the bag and pieced some things together. And she did come back injured. She heaves a sigh. "I brought you a present," she says half heartedly, before looking up at him again with that sheepish grin of hers. Sure, she had gotten caught, and she was most likely in a ton of trouble now, but frankly she still thought it worth it. She had gotten rid of some of her restlessness over the last six months and killed what she could. The only thing she regretted was letting those damn squibs hurt her and... and break her wand... She had nearly forgotten about that. The thought makes her face go dark as she looks in Damien's direction, freezing up completely. "Oh no..."
|| He gives a lighthearted glare at her, before tossing the bag on the bedside table. He was trying, but failing, to be mad. She had gone out, apparently got caught, and worst of all, she got hurt. He reaches out grabbing a chair, before firmly placing it next to the bed, taking a seat. "I don't think you are. Because it seems you value those things." he waves his hand towards the bag, "Far more than your own life." He didn't care that she brought him hearts, he would have been overjoyed had she not failed, but since she did, they took the sideline where Chava was his focus. He pinches the bridge of his nose frustratedly, before shaking his head, "Oh no? Now/ you say 'oh no'? What could it be this time?" He sighed slightly, before shaking his head, not even waiting for an answer. He was being too harsh. She was safe, and healing. That's the important part. "I hope you realize what a stupid risk you made?"
Alive Chava purses her lips, almost afraid to admit that Damien was right. He knew her enough by then to know that. Yes, she valued most anything over her own life. She wasn't entirely sure how to stop doing that, even though she knew it upset Damien. Even though he had constantly told her he needed her there. She didn't know how to stop. She was only sorry for upsetting him. "I just... I don't want my life to be important," she admits. "I don't want you worrying." He really did seem upset, but that was also understandable. Of course he was worrying. Why would he not? Still, she couldn't help but think his life would be all the easier if he didn't have to worry about her. She slams her palms to her face, ignoring the blood. Her wand, she was scared. She was sorry about her wand. She needed that. It had been her original wand, sold to her at only eleven years old, that she lost that night. Her magic wouldn't ever be as powerful as it once was, and Damien had needed her magic. It was almost all she had going for her. And to make matters worse... her wand was left on site, and could easily be traced back to her. "I don't think you realize yet just how stupid it was..."
|| There was something very clearly bothering her. What it was, he couldn't quite figure out. It had to have been something quite important for her to be reacting in such a way. It was a puzzle he couldn't quite figure out. "Whether you want it or not," he started out, stalling for time so he could figure out why she was reacting such a way. He could ask her, but he had a feeling she wouldn't tell him, "Your life is already important, and I shall worry." The last time she had acted similar to this was when she lost his wand. Or rather, when Lucedio destroyed it. The pieces seemed to fit, but he wasn't quite sure whether he was right or not, but it certainly seemed like she lost something. "What did you lose?"
|| A deep sigh escapes her, wanting to prolong telling him as much as possible. What if he really got angry at her then? She didn't know if she could bear that, she hated when he got angry with her. But all the same, she had to tell him. She motions in the direction of the bag. "Just go ahead and tell me what weapon isn't in there," she whispers, wiping under her eyes and very pointedly tries to pretend she wasn't about to start crying. It was such an important piece of her... gone. And could even now lead to her destruction. A chill runs down her spine at the thought of Azkaban, the dementors kiss... She couldn't have that, she'd die before that happened. "The Ministry'll be after me..." The implications for Damien's reputation there were unsaid, but painfully obvious. The Ministry could be searching through her house now and... and Aveline was there. No, she wasn't fond of the child, but she had to do something... "Oh god, I'm sorry. I really am sorry. I wasn't thinking, I didn't think that I would- I..." she trails off, not wanting to lose her mind at a time like now.
| Damien sighed deeply, as he shook his head. She was trying to stall him, afraid. He did exactly as she asked, and grabbed the bag, rooting through it before confirming his suspicions. She lost her wand. That is, unless she had it on her person. Losing a wand was a big deal, but you could get one that matches almost as well. Either way, it was the least important thing to him at the moment. No, his mind was focused on her comment about the ministry. While the Manor was specifically warded against the ministry, the comment piqued his interest. The ministry could possibly get involved, but it was a matter of how they'd find out. "Where did you go?"
|| She still didn't want to answer him, it didn't seem like he quite understood. Chava was certain he had figured out about her wand, but there was much more to it than that. Though to Chava, that was already bad enough. Before answering him, she tugs the blanket from the bed and pulls it over herself and her head, curling underneath it so she couldn't see his reaction, nor could he see hers. "I wanted to kill, and bring you something..." she starts slowly, squeezing her eyes shut. "I went to some muggle jail, I don't even know which. There were... there were some squibs that caught me, they stabbed me, snapped my..." she releases a strangled breath, not wanting to think about it, "... my wand. And I had to apparate before the officer shot me... I used magic and they saw me, they saw me but I left and my wand... my wand is still there, they'll find me..."
|| A sigh of relief. It wasn't anywhere to worry about then. A prison wasn't anything like being out in the middle of a city. If a guard or prisoner saw anything, it would be assumed they were sleep deprived or insane, respectively. "You don't have anything to worry about. The ministry won't be after you." He places a hand over her own, before speaking again, this time on the matter of her wand, "And I'll buy you a new wand. I know it won't be the same as your old one, but it'll have to do." With that, he felt it was time to lead the conversation back on track and discuss her failure. Or more specifically how to fix it. "Yes, you !#@ked up. Quite majorly." he leans forwards slightly making sure to take quiet note of her expressions, "You need to scout out an area before you do anything in it. That's where you failed. And why I'm going to teach you how to do it properly."
Chava gently peeks out at him from under the blanket, furrowing her brows. What did he mean, the Ministry wouldn't come? Her wand was right there to track down, they would know she was there once the Muggles looked into it and got the story out there. The Ministers were always connected, they would come. "Damien, they will come, they will try to find me, I know it..." she mumbles, blinking away a tear. As he pointed out, she had %$!ked up a lot, she already knew that, but she wasn't going to agree not to do it again. Even with the Ministry on her tail, that couldn't stop her from wanting to kill, from going out there under some form of disguise. But his words made her pause and look back up at him. She wasn't sure why she expected anything else, this was just like him. "I... I mean, yeah, of course. Scout the area. Of course." She sighs, dipping her hair over her face. "I'm sorry I'm dumb."
|| Damien shakes his head chuckling, before leaning back against his chair. It seemed she didn't know that much about the muggle world. Or at least the prisons. "They won't even know a witch was there. Prisons typically assume prisoners are crazy, and if a guard sees something, it's sleep deprivation. You'll be safe." He turns his gaze back before chuckling at her reaction to his latter sentence. "You aren't dumb. You're inexperienced. There's a learning curve. And which is another reason I'm going to teach you properly."
Chava growls, clutching her hair in her hands. Was he really going to put so much trust on the off chance that any guards or prisoners would think themselves insane? She did mention the squibs, yes? "Damien, the squibs knew a witch was there. The officer knew I killed all those prisoners. I apparated in front of their eyes. My wand was on the ground, I used magic to get in. Every piece of evidence points towards me so for my sake, please, just make sure the Ministry thinks you don't even know who I am. Please." She wasn't going to take any risks of Azkaban or Damien getting in trouble. She wanted to avoid any Ministry conflict, and she was ready to beg Damien to be more careful, for her. "I'll do whatever it takes. Training, staying hidden, staying here, anything..." Chava chokes, scrambling to sit up despite the dull pain in her stomach. She reaches out to cup his face in her palms, brushing her thumb across his cheek. "But please don't get yourself in trouble, and please... I can't go to Azkaban."
|| Only faintly aware of herself being picked up, Chava had only really passed out in Damien's arms. She had clearly made the right choice in coming to him though, as his potions worked wonders for her injuries. She hadn't even been unconscious long before she starts to cough, her eyes blinking open. She could already feel the effects of the potion, one of her hands pressed against the wound, as if trying to restrict her blood loss. Despite this, however, she gave Damien a rather sheepish grin, already moving as if to sit up. It was almost like she kept forgetting she was injured, or just didn't care too much about it- despite the means of which she had been injured. She twists around and reaches as if to grab for something, feeling around the bed and her person, before her grin turns into something more of a frown. "Where's my bag?" is the first thing she says, growing a little frantic. She was almost positive she had brought it with her when she apparated to the Dagger Manor. Did Damien do anything with it, did he see what was inside, or did he leave it? "Damien," she hisses, "No one can see what's inside that bag, I need it." Sh could only imagine someone's horror if they found a bag of actual human hearts and multiple murder weapons outside the Dagger Manor, and how it could effect Damien's newfound public reputation. And of course, it was only then that she realised just how badly she had messed up, with what she had done. No, she really hadn't thought it through. She was struck with bloodlust and she acted on it. She groans and buries her face in her hands, turning away from Damien as if unwilling to look at him.
|| A simple raised brow was the only answer Damien gave. What could be so important about a bag, that she would desperately try to grab it? He raised a finger, as if tellign her to stay there. Without saying another word, he walked downstairs and out the door, before picking up a bag. Confusion and curiosity picking at his mind, he pulls it open, peering inside. For a second he thought that she had borrowed hearts from his storage, but at a second glance they were too freshly removed for that to be true. The only explanation he could come up with was that she had done the deed herself. And further investigation into the bag proved him right. He would have been quite impressed, had she not returned injured. "I'll need to speak about this with her." he mutters to himself. He grabs a single heart out of the bag, before closing it. It would be a statement that he knew she would pick up on. Climbing the stairs up to the bedroom once again, he calls out "Chava." He nudges the door open with his foot, before stepping back inside the bedroom. "It appears we need to have a discussion."
Chava still was very pointedly looking away from Damien when he came back up to the room, but she releases another groan, rubbing her temples. Her cheeks flushing bright red, she looks down at her hands in her lap, still covered in her own blood. "I'm sorry," she mumbles, biting down hard on her bottom lip. She pauses there for a moment, unsure what to say to him. Was he going to be mad at her, or disappointed, or what? Chava was obviously embarrassed, to a degree. "I did say I fucked up," she sighs. She looks over at him with a frown, catching his eyes for only a moment, before she decided she wanted to look away again. Clearly he had looked inside the bag and pieced some things together. And she did come back injured. She heaves a sigh. "I brought you a present," she says half heartedly, before looking up at him again with that sheepish grin of hers. Sure, she had gotten caught, and she was most likely in a ton of trouble now, but frankly she still thought it worth it. She had gotten rid of some of her restlessness over the last six months and killed what she could. The only thing she regretted was letting those damn squibs hurt her and... and break her wand... She had nearly forgotten about that. The thought makes her face go dark as she looks in Damien's direction, freezing up completely. "Oh no..."
|| He gives a lighthearted glare at her, before tossing the bag on the bedside table. He was trying, but failing, to be mad. She had gone out, apparently got caught, and worst of all, she got hurt. He reaches out grabbing a chair, before firmly placing it next to the bed, taking a seat. "I don't think you are. Because it seems you value those things." he waves his hand towards the bag, "Far more than your own life." He didn't care that she brought him hearts, he would have been overjoyed had she not failed, but since she did, they took the sideline where Chava was his focus. He pinches the bridge of his nose frustratedly, before shaking his head, "Oh no? Now/ you say 'oh no'? What could it be this time?" He sighed slightly, before shaking his head, not even waiting for an answer. He was being too harsh. She was safe, and healing. That's the important part. "I hope you realize what a stupid risk you made?"
Alive Chava purses her lips, almost afraid to admit that Damien was right. He knew her enough by then to know that. Yes, she valued most anything over her own life. She wasn't entirely sure how to stop doing that, even though she knew it upset Damien. Even though he had constantly told her he needed her there. She didn't know how to stop. She was only sorry for upsetting him. "I just... I don't want my life to be important," she admits. "I don't want you worrying." He really did seem upset, but that was also understandable. Of course he was worrying. Why would he not? Still, she couldn't help but think his life would be all the easier if he didn't have to worry about her. She slams her palms to her face, ignoring the blood. Her wand, she was scared. She was sorry about her wand. She needed that. It had been her original wand, sold to her at only eleven years old, that she lost that night. Her magic wouldn't ever be as powerful as it once was, and Damien had needed her magic. It was almost all she had going for her. And to make matters worse... her wand was left on site, and could easily be traced back to her. "I don't think you realize yet just how stupid it was..."
|| There was something very clearly bothering her. What it was, he couldn't quite figure out. It had to have been something quite important for her to be reacting in such a way. It was a puzzle he couldn't quite figure out. "Whether you want it or not," he started out, stalling for time so he could figure out why she was reacting such a way. He could ask her, but he had a feeling she wouldn't tell him, "Your life is already important, and I shall worry." The last time she had acted similar to this was when she lost his wand. Or rather, when Lucedio destroyed it. The pieces seemed to fit, but he wasn't quite sure whether he was right or not, but it certainly seemed like she lost something. "What did you lose?"
|| A deep sigh escapes her, wanting to prolong telling him as much as possible. What if he really got angry at her then? She didn't know if she could bear that, she hated when he got angry with her. But all the same, she had to tell him. She motions in the direction of the bag. "Just go ahead and tell me what weapon isn't in there," she whispers, wiping under her eyes and very pointedly tries to pretend she wasn't about to start crying. It was such an important piece of her... gone. And could even now lead to her destruction. A chill runs down her spine at the thought of Azkaban, the dementors kiss... She couldn't have that, she'd die before that happened. "The Ministry'll be after me..." The implications for Damien's reputation there were unsaid, but painfully obvious. The Ministry could be searching through her house now and... and Aveline was there. No, she wasn't fond of the child, but she had to do something... "Oh god, I'm sorry. I really am sorry. I wasn't thinking, I didn't think that I would- I..." she trails off, not wanting to lose her mind at a time like now.
| Damien sighed deeply, as he shook his head. She was trying to stall him, afraid. He did exactly as she asked, and grabbed the bag, rooting through it before confirming his suspicions. She lost her wand. That is, unless she had it on her person. Losing a wand was a big deal, but you could get one that matches almost as well. Either way, it was the least important thing to him at the moment. No, his mind was focused on her comment about the ministry. While the Manor was specifically warded against the ministry, the comment piqued his interest. The ministry could possibly get involved, but it was a matter of how they'd find out. "Where did you go?"
|| She still didn't want to answer him, it didn't seem like he quite understood. Chava was certain he had figured out about her wand, but there was much more to it than that. Though to Chava, that was already bad enough. Before answering him, she tugs the blanket from the bed and pulls it over herself and her head, curling underneath it so she couldn't see his reaction, nor could he see hers. "I wanted to kill, and bring you something..." she starts slowly, squeezing her eyes shut. "I went to some muggle jail, I don't even know which. There were... there were some squibs that caught me, they stabbed me, snapped my..." she releases a strangled breath, not wanting to think about it, "... my wand. And I had to apparate before the officer shot me... I used magic and they saw me, they saw me but I left and my wand... my wand is still there, they'll find me..."
|| A sigh of relief. It wasn't anywhere to worry about then. A prison wasn't anything like being out in the middle of a city. If a guard or prisoner saw anything, it would be assumed they were sleep deprived or insane, respectively. "You don't have anything to worry about. The ministry won't be after you." He places a hand over her own, before speaking again, this time on the matter of her wand, "And I'll buy you a new wand. I know it won't be the same as your old one, but it'll have to do." With that, he felt it was time to lead the conversation back on track and discuss her failure. Or more specifically how to fix it. "Yes, you !#@ked up. Quite majorly." he leans forwards slightly making sure to take quiet note of her expressions, "You need to scout out an area before you do anything in it. That's where you failed. And why I'm going to teach you how to do it properly."
Chava gently peeks out at him from under the blanket, furrowing her brows. What did he mean, the Ministry wouldn't come? Her wand was right there to track down, they would know she was there once the Muggles looked into it and got the story out there. The Ministers were always connected, they would come. "Damien, they will come, they will try to find me, I know it..." she mumbles, blinking away a tear. As he pointed out, she had %$!ked up a lot, she already knew that, but she wasn't going to agree not to do it again. Even with the Ministry on her tail, that couldn't stop her from wanting to kill, from going out there under some form of disguise. But his words made her pause and look back up at him. She wasn't sure why she expected anything else, this was just like him. "I... I mean, yeah, of course. Scout the area. Of course." She sighs, dipping her hair over her face. "I'm sorry I'm dumb."
|| Damien shakes his head chuckling, before leaning back against his chair. It seemed she didn't know that much about the muggle world. Or at least the prisons. "They won't even know a witch was there. Prisons typically assume prisoners are crazy, and if a guard sees something, it's sleep deprivation. You'll be safe." He turns his gaze back before chuckling at her reaction to his latter sentence. "You aren't dumb. You're inexperienced. There's a learning curve. And which is another reason I'm going to teach you properly."
Chava growls, clutching her hair in her hands. Was he really going to put so much trust on the off chance that any guards or prisoners would think themselves insane? She did mention the squibs, yes? "Damien, the squibs knew a witch was there. The officer knew I killed all those prisoners. I apparated in front of their eyes. My wand was on the ground, I used magic to get in. Every piece of evidence points towards me so for my sake, please, just make sure the Ministry thinks you don't even know who I am. Please." She wasn't going to take any risks of Azkaban or Damien getting in trouble. She wanted to avoid any Ministry conflict, and she was ready to beg Damien to be more careful, for her. "I'll do whatever it takes. Training, staying hidden, staying here, anything..." Chava chokes, scrambling to sit up despite the dull pain in her stomach. She reaches out to cup his face in her palms, brushing her thumb across his cheek. "But please don't get yourself in trouble, and please... I can't go to Azkaban."
Comments
Post a Comment