[Healing 1/3]Vows to Keep
|| It was a miracle that Damien didn't drop Chava on the ground while he was carrying Chava back to his place. At first, he just set her on his bed, doing his best to make her comfortable. He would have stayed up the entire night just watching and waiting for her to wake, but he knew something had to be done about the various wounds that she had. He wasn't as good with magic as she was, so he couldn't wave a wand and make her wounds heal themselves entirely. And, while the potion he'd given her had certainly helped. It was one of his weaker batches, only meant for minor wounds. So, while he wanted to stay up by Chava's side, he spent half the night brewing better potions. He stared into the cauldron unblinkingly as he put ingredient after ingredient in. He didn't want to think right now. He didn't want to blame himself for everything. Not right now anyway. When the hour turned four in the morning, he took as many potions as he could carry in one hand, and brought them upstairs. His right hand hung limply by his side as he couldn't move it without outside force. Entering the room, he kicked a chair closer towards the bed, setting the potions on the bedside table. Pulling the stopper on one of the potions, he poured the contents in Chava's mouth. Given the strength of the potions, he felt that he should only use one at this point. His hand reached out and gripped onto her own gingerly. Was this how Chava felt when she sat by him when he was injured? So devastated? This was /my/ fault, he told himself, if I had pressed further. Talked her out of her foolish plan. If he had just /died/ when Lucedio attacked him, Chava wouldn't be in this state. "I'm sorry." he muttered to himself, his voice hoarse.
|| Only moments before Lucedio had hobbled away, Chava had completely lost touch with reality, the world spinning above her as she passed out. She had almost believed she was dead, as just before the pain had started to disappear along with her consciousness. When she finally woke the next morning, it was a long, painful process- as all the pain swept back in in an instant the moment she took a breath in. Her lungs felt on fire, but it was almost a duller sensation than the other night, and the only explanation she could think for that was Damien, and his potions. She stirred slightly, and became faintly aware of something in her hand, before realizing it too was a hand, Damien's. She squeezes lightly, before opening her eyes gingerly, thankful it wasn't too bright out, just perfectly dim. Her eyes search for Damien, her lips quirking upwards in the gentlest of smiles. She didn't speak yet, her throat burning, though she had many things she wanted to say. Sorry, mainly. She was very sorry.
|| The light squeezing of his hand caused his head to snap up to look at the stirring woman before him. He wanted to grab a potion to help her, but he knew that it was far too soon. If only he'd made a couple of pepper-up potions. He leans over planting a kiss on her forehead, tears threatening to drop from his eyes, though he blinks them away. "You scared me." he states simply. He didn't speak for fear of all of his thoughts being spoken, and he already knew what she would say if he brought that up. She probably blamed herself and wouldn't even listen should he say otherwise. He was the one who opened up to this woman, despite /knowing/ what happened every single time without fail. He was the one who had gotten distracted in a fight causing him to be injured. He was the one who never listened to her and ended up in body binds several times over. Everything led back to him, and it almost made him wish that he'd never had those daggers created. That when he was kidnapped there was no way he could escape. That he'd died then and that Chava never had been brought into his struggles.
Chava takes a small breath, knowing not to move so much so she could get herself going again soon. After all, right then her main focus was on staying alive, her herself and mostly for the man right next to her. She closes her eyes when he leans over to kiss her forehead, a heavy feeling in her heart. She had scared him. "I'm sorry," she mumbles in response, barely audible. "I'm so sorry, Dami." She squeezed his hand again, opening her eyes back up to allow her gaze to fully drift over him. He looked terrible, exhausted, upset. She wished she had more strength to comfort him, to do more, but she was a considerable amount weaker in everything. "He... Lucedio..." she trails off, as if about to tell him what his brother had did to her, before realizing he must already know. Should she spare the details, or would he want to know? Everything seemed like a blur, now, and she felt ashamed, red tinting her cheeks to show it.
|| Relinquishing his grasp on her hand, he reached out placing his hand on her cheek. His guess was right, she seemed to blame herself for it. Or, at the very least, she was apologizing for what happened. "It's alright. It's not your fault." What he left unspoken, however, was that it was /his/. "Don't worry about it." It seemed that he was being ever the hypocrite. Telling her not to worry about things he was no doubt worrying about. Assuaging her self-placed doubts and faults, when he had the same. But it was /his/ decisions that led to his moment. And, while he may wish he had died, he knew he much preferred being alive and by Chava's side.
Chava turns her head to the side just slightly, with an obvious wince. But, not out of pain, though it may have looked like it. It was fine is Damien thought it was out of pain. She had failed him and failed her duties on day one, failed so badly she had been an inch from death- if it hadn't been for Damien she would have been dead. But nonetheless, she still failed him, and with that she blamed herself for his wand. "No, Damien..." she whispers, wincing again, a little afraid she would upset him. He didn't understand all she was sorry for. And though her throats and and lungs were on fire with every word, she had to keep speaking, hoarse and suddenly growing slightly hysterical. "You don't understand, I fucked up, it was my..." she sucks in a breath, vision blurry. "Damien, your wand..." she chokes out, as if she were going to cry. She was scared then Lucedio was right- Damien would be mad about his wand, mad at her.
|| A sigh escaped his lips. There was no way he could escape this conversation. He could feel it. He shook his head at her, placing a finger on her lips to hush her. "I know what you think." he starts, his eyes staring into hers, all of his doubts and fears clearly visible within. "But it wasn't your fault. I should have said something. Should have stopped you." He glances up at the ceiling another sigh finding its way out. "I should have..." He runs off, knowing exactly how she would take his next words, yet still he forges on anyway. He needed to air his thoughts or they would eat him alive. "I should have died." He casts his gaze downwards taking a sudden interest in his shoes. "Not the other night. But in my third year." With each word it felt harder and harder to breathe, and that much harder to continue speaking. "If I had died then, no one would have been harmed after that. No one would have died after that." He stops for a brief second, trying to piece his next words together, before finally mumbling barely audible, "And you wouldn't be in this situation."
Chava shifted her eyes away from him as he speaks, trying to express her discontent with his words as much as she could. "Stop, stop, stop," she mumbles repeatedly over him, as if trying to drown out his words so it was like he had never said them. She didn't want him believing those things, that he should be dead. "Shut up," she whispers, some anger and frustration laced under her voice. "Talk like that again and I'll stand up right now, exactly as I am," she warns, and she meant it. If she could stop him from talking like that about his death, it would be worth it. "You don't understand. Lucedio was right about me." Chava had began to believe every word he had said of her. She was pathetic, too easy to hurt, weak, and a whole slew of nasty names at that. If what happened last night wasn't any proof of that, she didn't know what was. "Your wand, Damien," she presses again.
|| He knew that she wasn't making any idle threats, but he figured he could just push her back into the bed if she did. "No, /YOU/ don't understand!" He took a deep breath, calming himself down. He didn't know why she kept pressing about his wand, he didn't really care. If she had lost it, he could always find it again. "If I was dead, you could be happier." he stood up from his seat, pacing the room dark thoughts clouding his mind, "If I was dead, you wouldn't be /suffering/ like this." He walked over to the bed again, leaning over, planting a kiss on her lips "And you don't deserve any of this. Not this pain, not whatever Lucedio said or did." He reaches out grabbing her hand, before saying softly, "Lucedio was wrong about you. /He/ doesn't know you. /I/ do."
Chava clearly flinched as his anger, curling into herself and into the bed, as if to protect herself. Realizing how silly she was being though, she attempts to bring herself back from it, before he noticed anything had changed about her. He promised not to hurt her. Why would she think he would hurt her? She didn't pull away from his kiss, but she didn't return it either, still upset with the way he was talking. True to her word, she moves her hands back and starts to sit up, biting down hard enough on her lip to try and stifle any strangled gasps that came with, everything burning, and yet she was drowning. "Stop it, Damien," she insists, hissing the words out through the pain. This was a good enough step for now. "I deserve as much as he said I did, I messed up." She starts to shake, slightly. "I should've ran. I lost your wand, he broke it, he said you'd be mad..." Chava draws into herself again, her voice turning into something like a whimper. "Please don't be mad at me," she pleads.
| Damien reaches out his hand, placing it against his shoulder before pushing her back into the bed. "You try to get up again, and I will put you in a body bind." He paraphrased her words when from when he'd been hurt himself. He wouldn't allow herself to be hurt on his expense. Not for a second time. Not ever again. "You didn't deserve any of that." He pulls himself back into his seat, to make sure she didn't try to get up again before speaking, "Hell, you don't even deserve me ruining your life like this. You deserve better." He listened as she spoke of what happened to his wand, and while they were right, he was mad, he wasn't mad at /her/. He knew there wasn't anything she could have done to change that outcome. No, his rage would be redirected at Lucedio, the next time they met. "I'm not mad. Or rather, I'm not mad at you. You have nothing to worry about." he remembered about his promise to her, and suddenly her reactions made sense. "I promised I would never harm you, and I never will." A thought strayed into his mind and he knew she would never allow it, so he had to act fast. Glancing around the room, his eyes fell upon Chava's wand on the other side of the room. Picking it up between his fingers, he moved back to his seat. Without waiting for her to understand what he was doing, he grabbed her left hand moving it closer to him. With a quick motion, he uses the wand to put her in a body bind. "I'm so sorry. I know you won't like this, but I'm giving you a guarantee." He moves his right arm into place holding the wand, before locking the muscles. He grasps her left hand in his own. "I swear I will never intentionally harm you so long as I live." A thin stream of fire emerged out of the wand, winding itself around their hands. He knew she would recognize it for what it was. An Unbreakable Vow. He released the arm from its position, the spell cast. With that, he grabbed the wand in his left hand, releasing the body bind.
|| Planning on sitting back up again when he pushed her gently back down, Chava was already pretty upset. She hated the way he was talking about himself, putting himself down, saying she deserved better. Because none of that was true. He was more than enough to her, but she wasn't entirely sure how to convey that in a way that would actually get him to believe it. He got up then, and she quickly followed his movements with her eyes, starting to try and pick herself back up again when she sees his focus on her wand. She didn't know what his purpose was, but she couldn't help but be worried. When her left arm was locked down by force of a spell, she was simply angry. Or, very angry. "Damien," she hisses, struggling once more to try and sit up, pulling her arm against the bind. Which of course, only caused for pain, gasping loudly before she managed to stifle it. When he took her other arm in his, she suddenly understood, and moved to pull her arm away, to no avail. "Damien, no. No no no." She was almost frantic, her voice rising in pitch, when the Unbreakable vow was casted. "Don't you dare..." she whispers, and when released, she makes a point to toss a blanket at him so she had enough time to move, pulling herself out of bed with a strangled gasp, gripping the edge of the bed for balance before she ended up falling to her knees, squeaking gently. "That wasn't... necessary..."
|| She had taken it just about as well as Damien had guessed. He pulled the blanket from over his face before tossing it onto the foot of the bed. Standing up, he walks over towards Chava, gently helping her to her feet, and trying to guide her into bed. "It was entirely necessary." Gently putting her into the bed, he moved the blanket over her, before casting a freezing charm to lock the blanket in place. He knew he had added intentional into his vow, and not all other types of harm like accidental, but he didn't want to die because he tied her to the bed so she wouldn't get out. That would be quite an embarrassing death. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let you doubt my promise? If I ever let you fear when I might try to harm you?" He takes his seat back before sighing lightly, "A pretty terrible one I'd say. So don't argue about it. It's already too late."
Chava didn't have the energy to stay out of bed for long, and didn't actually fight him when he brought her back. She did, however, find the energy to glare at him. Finally, she releases a long sigh. "I know you wouldn't hurt me. It was just an unreasonable fear." She turns her head to face him, gently pulling just her arms out so she could reach a hand out to him. "Stop blaming yourself," she pleads, eyes sad. "I couldn't keep up with my own plan. I should have been able to, but I didn't realize I was too weak." She scoffs, as if disgusted again, and it felt like Lucedio was creeping into her mind once more, affecting all of her thoughts on herself. She was ashamed to admit just how badly lady night's encounter with him had affected her. She continues to hold her hand out to Damien, trying to get through to him. "None of this, this beating yourself up, is necessary. Damien... what would have happened had you not been there last night?" She quirks a brow, taking a deep breath. She knew he knew the answer, but perhaps he didn't want to think on it, perhaps he didn't like to think on it and be reminded. Either way, she said it anyway, as blunt as possible. "I would be dead, Damien. Lucedio would have killed me, and when you did find me it would be with no pulse and open eyes." She smiles wistfully. "You know this, yes? You saved my life?"
|| Moves his eyes to follow her movements, as she reaches out a hand. He takes her hand in his own, before shaking his head. "I can only blame myself, like you blame yourself." he states hanging his head slightly. "You may not have kept up with your plan, but I never made any effort to stop you from going through with it." He could have even tried harder to help with her plan but he didn't. He never really tried. He shakes his head at her, trying to stop her before she could say anything more. "I know you would be. And that hurts. But not as much as knowing you would never have been in that situation had you never met me, had I been dead long ego. It would have been better for a lot of people." He raises his eyes looking into her own, eyes full of despair. "If I'd been dead, you would never have met me. You would have never met Lucedio, and you would have never given him any reason to hate you." He sighed dejectedly, as finished what he had to say. "If I had died, Lucedio would never have had need to hunt anyone down."
Chava tears her hand from his, curling her arms around herself and turning herself to the side, so she could no longer see him. It was too much to handle, and it was upsetting her, so much, to see him this way, blaming himself for her injuries when he was the reason they weren't any worse. She takes a deep breath, wishing she could physically get out of bed to teach him for a lesson for speaking as he was, wishing she could do more. But for now, it just hurt. "Please stop," she whispers, still not turning to face him. She would do what it takes. This was a different kind of hurt, he was showing her. "That hurts, Damien." Emotionally, but she didn't care. "Keep your promise." Chava takes a deep breath, her head pounding, skin still feeling bruised and burnt, the deeper cuts healing with his earlier potion. Which didn't stop the blood from drying on her and making her look almost worse. "Before I start using your words against you, and say I wish I had died last night." A pause, a beat. "The apology in the message I sent you was a sorry for dying on you. I expected it."
|| His eyes welled up with tears as he realized what she was saying. He had promised not to harm her, yet he was doing exactly the opposite with every words. "I'm..." he paused. It seemed that no matter what he did, he would always cause pain to those he cared about. While he was certainly glad he added intentional to his vow, it didn't stop the pain of breaking his vow. "I'm sorry." His eyes widened, and he shook his head. "Please don't say that..." His voice trailed off as he tried to keep himself composed. No matter what without fail, he always seemed to be bad luck towards those he got close to. Even after sorry he couldn't help but blame himself, but for something else entirely. Breaking his promise.
Chava winces when she hears the pain in his voice, so unusual for him. It was throwing her off, and she had a hard time figuring out what to do. He really was opening up to her, and she supposed for that she was grateful. Biting her lip, she turns back over to look at him once more, scooting over and once more reaching out for his hand. "Come here," she mumbles, reaching to brush his cheek with her fingers. She refused to see tears come from his eyes, as that would be too much for her to handle. "I won't say it of me if you don't say it of you," she says, frowning, tugging at his hand to pull him close. "I promise that, so long as you do. It's okay, love." She sighs, moving to press a kiss to his cheek. "Don't be upset or sad over me."
|| A broken smile appears on his face as she turns around to face him. Inching his chair closer to follow with her mumbling, he leans closer. Blinking his tears away, trying to appear less weak, he smiles lightly "I can accept that compromise." He knew that times weren't always going to be great, but he figured that compromises would make things better than they could be. "I won't say anything more on that matter." He reaches out with his hand, cupping her cheek, before planting a kiss on her forehead. "As long as we don't give up on each other, I think we'll be fine." He winces at her next words before saying, "I can't promise that I won't be sad over you."
Chava eyes his chair and tugs him closer again, motioning to the spot next to her on the bed. She was getting tired, and she had no clue how long he had been up, but it had to have been for a while. She tugs at his hand. "You need sleep, I can tell," she mumbles, stifling a yawn as she spoke. "So do I. It's... starting to hurt more again," she admits. She frowns at his last statement, shaking her head. "I'll be okay. I'm never planning on dying on you," she smiles gently. "Please be happy, at least for now, be glad I'm not dead at least." She nods. It was time for sleep, and sleep for a while, but she didn't want to be alone. She could feel the nightmares coming now, and she didn't want him away from her. "Sleep... but don't go," she mumbles, rather sheepishly. "Stay with me."
Damien waves Chava's wand at the blanket, removing the freezing charm that was holding her mostly in place. "I could use a bit of sleep." he mumbles to himself. He'd been up most of the night and the tendrils of sleep were already seeping into his mind. "I guess I can be happy with that, as long as you don't plan on dying." he folded back the blanket already slipping into the bed as she finishes saying to stay with her. He wraps an arm around her, "I love you." he says the last vestiges of awareness sleeping away into sleep.
Chava smiles happily, pulling him close to her, wrapping an arm around his torso. "Neither of us will die for a very long time, if I can help it," she whispers in his ear. She pulls him by the chin, pressing a very gentle kiss to his lips, before resting her head back, closing her eyes. "I love you too," she whispers in return, before slipping into sleep herself, right along with him.
|| Only moments before Lucedio had hobbled away, Chava had completely lost touch with reality, the world spinning above her as she passed out. She had almost believed she was dead, as just before the pain had started to disappear along with her consciousness. When she finally woke the next morning, it was a long, painful process- as all the pain swept back in in an instant the moment she took a breath in. Her lungs felt on fire, but it was almost a duller sensation than the other night, and the only explanation she could think for that was Damien, and his potions. She stirred slightly, and became faintly aware of something in her hand, before realizing it too was a hand, Damien's. She squeezes lightly, before opening her eyes gingerly, thankful it wasn't too bright out, just perfectly dim. Her eyes search for Damien, her lips quirking upwards in the gentlest of smiles. She didn't speak yet, her throat burning, though she had many things she wanted to say. Sorry, mainly. She was very sorry.
|| The light squeezing of his hand caused his head to snap up to look at the stirring woman before him. He wanted to grab a potion to help her, but he knew that it was far too soon. If only he'd made a couple of pepper-up potions. He leans over planting a kiss on her forehead, tears threatening to drop from his eyes, though he blinks them away. "You scared me." he states simply. He didn't speak for fear of all of his thoughts being spoken, and he already knew what she would say if he brought that up. She probably blamed herself and wouldn't even listen should he say otherwise. He was the one who opened up to this woman, despite /knowing/ what happened every single time without fail. He was the one who had gotten distracted in a fight causing him to be injured. He was the one who never listened to her and ended up in body binds several times over. Everything led back to him, and it almost made him wish that he'd never had those daggers created. That when he was kidnapped there was no way he could escape. That he'd died then and that Chava never had been brought into his struggles.
Chava takes a small breath, knowing not to move so much so she could get herself going again soon. After all, right then her main focus was on staying alive, her herself and mostly for the man right next to her. She closes her eyes when he leans over to kiss her forehead, a heavy feeling in her heart. She had scared him. "I'm sorry," she mumbles in response, barely audible. "I'm so sorry, Dami." She squeezed his hand again, opening her eyes back up to allow her gaze to fully drift over him. He looked terrible, exhausted, upset. She wished she had more strength to comfort him, to do more, but she was a considerable amount weaker in everything. "He... Lucedio..." she trails off, as if about to tell him what his brother had did to her, before realizing he must already know. Should she spare the details, or would he want to know? Everything seemed like a blur, now, and she felt ashamed, red tinting her cheeks to show it.
|| Relinquishing his grasp on her hand, he reached out placing his hand on her cheek. His guess was right, she seemed to blame herself for it. Or, at the very least, she was apologizing for what happened. "It's alright. It's not your fault." What he left unspoken, however, was that it was /his/. "Don't worry about it." It seemed that he was being ever the hypocrite. Telling her not to worry about things he was no doubt worrying about. Assuaging her self-placed doubts and faults, when he had the same. But it was /his/ decisions that led to his moment. And, while he may wish he had died, he knew he much preferred being alive and by Chava's side.
Chava turns her head to the side just slightly, with an obvious wince. But, not out of pain, though it may have looked like it. It was fine is Damien thought it was out of pain. She had failed him and failed her duties on day one, failed so badly she had been an inch from death- if it hadn't been for Damien she would have been dead. But nonetheless, she still failed him, and with that she blamed herself for his wand. "No, Damien..." she whispers, wincing again, a little afraid she would upset him. He didn't understand all she was sorry for. And though her throats and and lungs were on fire with every word, she had to keep speaking, hoarse and suddenly growing slightly hysterical. "You don't understand, I fucked up, it was my..." she sucks in a breath, vision blurry. "Damien, your wand..." she chokes out, as if she were going to cry. She was scared then Lucedio was right- Damien would be mad about his wand, mad at her.
|| A sigh escaped his lips. There was no way he could escape this conversation. He could feel it. He shook his head at her, placing a finger on her lips to hush her. "I know what you think." he starts, his eyes staring into hers, all of his doubts and fears clearly visible within. "But it wasn't your fault. I should have said something. Should have stopped you." He glances up at the ceiling another sigh finding its way out. "I should have..." He runs off, knowing exactly how she would take his next words, yet still he forges on anyway. He needed to air his thoughts or they would eat him alive. "I should have died." He casts his gaze downwards taking a sudden interest in his shoes. "Not the other night. But in my third year." With each word it felt harder and harder to breathe, and that much harder to continue speaking. "If I had died then, no one would have been harmed after that. No one would have died after that." He stops for a brief second, trying to piece his next words together, before finally mumbling barely audible, "And you wouldn't be in this situation."
Chava shifted her eyes away from him as he speaks, trying to express her discontent with his words as much as she could. "Stop, stop, stop," she mumbles repeatedly over him, as if trying to drown out his words so it was like he had never said them. She didn't want him believing those things, that he should be dead. "Shut up," she whispers, some anger and frustration laced under her voice. "Talk like that again and I'll stand up right now, exactly as I am," she warns, and she meant it. If she could stop him from talking like that about his death, it would be worth it. "You don't understand. Lucedio was right about me." Chava had began to believe every word he had said of her. She was pathetic, too easy to hurt, weak, and a whole slew of nasty names at that. If what happened last night wasn't any proof of that, she didn't know what was. "Your wand, Damien," she presses again.
|| He knew that she wasn't making any idle threats, but he figured he could just push her back into the bed if she did. "No, /YOU/ don't understand!" He took a deep breath, calming himself down. He didn't know why she kept pressing about his wand, he didn't really care. If she had lost it, he could always find it again. "If I was dead, you could be happier." he stood up from his seat, pacing the room dark thoughts clouding his mind, "If I was dead, you wouldn't be /suffering/ like this." He walked over to the bed again, leaning over, planting a kiss on her lips "And you don't deserve any of this. Not this pain, not whatever Lucedio said or did." He reaches out grabbing her hand, before saying softly, "Lucedio was wrong about you. /He/ doesn't know you. /I/ do."
Chava clearly flinched as his anger, curling into herself and into the bed, as if to protect herself. Realizing how silly she was being though, she attempts to bring herself back from it, before he noticed anything had changed about her. He promised not to hurt her. Why would she think he would hurt her? She didn't pull away from his kiss, but she didn't return it either, still upset with the way he was talking. True to her word, she moves her hands back and starts to sit up, biting down hard enough on her lip to try and stifle any strangled gasps that came with, everything burning, and yet she was drowning. "Stop it, Damien," she insists, hissing the words out through the pain. This was a good enough step for now. "I deserve as much as he said I did, I messed up." She starts to shake, slightly. "I should've ran. I lost your wand, he broke it, he said you'd be mad..." Chava draws into herself again, her voice turning into something like a whimper. "Please don't be mad at me," she pleads.
| Damien reaches out his hand, placing it against his shoulder before pushing her back into the bed. "You try to get up again, and I will put you in a body bind." He paraphrased her words when from when he'd been hurt himself. He wouldn't allow herself to be hurt on his expense. Not for a second time. Not ever again. "You didn't deserve any of that." He pulls himself back into his seat, to make sure she didn't try to get up again before speaking, "Hell, you don't even deserve me ruining your life like this. You deserve better." He listened as she spoke of what happened to his wand, and while they were right, he was mad, he wasn't mad at /her/. He knew there wasn't anything she could have done to change that outcome. No, his rage would be redirected at Lucedio, the next time they met. "I'm not mad. Or rather, I'm not mad at you. You have nothing to worry about." he remembered about his promise to her, and suddenly her reactions made sense. "I promised I would never harm you, and I never will." A thought strayed into his mind and he knew she would never allow it, so he had to act fast. Glancing around the room, his eyes fell upon Chava's wand on the other side of the room. Picking it up between his fingers, he moved back to his seat. Without waiting for her to understand what he was doing, he grabbed her left hand moving it closer to him. With a quick motion, he uses the wand to put her in a body bind. "I'm so sorry. I know you won't like this, but I'm giving you a guarantee." He moves his right arm into place holding the wand, before locking the muscles. He grasps her left hand in his own. "I swear I will never intentionally harm you so long as I live." A thin stream of fire emerged out of the wand, winding itself around their hands. He knew she would recognize it for what it was. An Unbreakable Vow. He released the arm from its position, the spell cast. With that, he grabbed the wand in his left hand, releasing the body bind.
|| Planning on sitting back up again when he pushed her gently back down, Chava was already pretty upset. She hated the way he was talking about himself, putting himself down, saying she deserved better. Because none of that was true. He was more than enough to her, but she wasn't entirely sure how to convey that in a way that would actually get him to believe it. He got up then, and she quickly followed his movements with her eyes, starting to try and pick herself back up again when she sees his focus on her wand. She didn't know what his purpose was, but she couldn't help but be worried. When her left arm was locked down by force of a spell, she was simply angry. Or, very angry. "Damien," she hisses, struggling once more to try and sit up, pulling her arm against the bind. Which of course, only caused for pain, gasping loudly before she managed to stifle it. When he took her other arm in his, she suddenly understood, and moved to pull her arm away, to no avail. "Damien, no. No no no." She was almost frantic, her voice rising in pitch, when the Unbreakable vow was casted. "Don't you dare..." she whispers, and when released, she makes a point to toss a blanket at him so she had enough time to move, pulling herself out of bed with a strangled gasp, gripping the edge of the bed for balance before she ended up falling to her knees, squeaking gently. "That wasn't... necessary..."
|| She had taken it just about as well as Damien had guessed. He pulled the blanket from over his face before tossing it onto the foot of the bed. Standing up, he walks over towards Chava, gently helping her to her feet, and trying to guide her into bed. "It was entirely necessary." Gently putting her into the bed, he moved the blanket over her, before casting a freezing charm to lock the blanket in place. He knew he had added intentional into his vow, and not all other types of harm like accidental, but he didn't want to die because he tied her to the bed so she wouldn't get out. That would be quite an embarrassing death. "What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let you doubt my promise? If I ever let you fear when I might try to harm you?" He takes his seat back before sighing lightly, "A pretty terrible one I'd say. So don't argue about it. It's already too late."
Chava didn't have the energy to stay out of bed for long, and didn't actually fight him when he brought her back. She did, however, find the energy to glare at him. Finally, she releases a long sigh. "I know you wouldn't hurt me. It was just an unreasonable fear." She turns her head to face him, gently pulling just her arms out so she could reach a hand out to him. "Stop blaming yourself," she pleads, eyes sad. "I couldn't keep up with my own plan. I should have been able to, but I didn't realize I was too weak." She scoffs, as if disgusted again, and it felt like Lucedio was creeping into her mind once more, affecting all of her thoughts on herself. She was ashamed to admit just how badly lady night's encounter with him had affected her. She continues to hold her hand out to Damien, trying to get through to him. "None of this, this beating yourself up, is necessary. Damien... what would have happened had you not been there last night?" She quirks a brow, taking a deep breath. She knew he knew the answer, but perhaps he didn't want to think on it, perhaps he didn't like to think on it and be reminded. Either way, she said it anyway, as blunt as possible. "I would be dead, Damien. Lucedio would have killed me, and when you did find me it would be with no pulse and open eyes." She smiles wistfully. "You know this, yes? You saved my life?"
|| Moves his eyes to follow her movements, as she reaches out a hand. He takes her hand in his own, before shaking his head. "I can only blame myself, like you blame yourself." he states hanging his head slightly. "You may not have kept up with your plan, but I never made any effort to stop you from going through with it." He could have even tried harder to help with her plan but he didn't. He never really tried. He shakes his head at her, trying to stop her before she could say anything more. "I know you would be. And that hurts. But not as much as knowing you would never have been in that situation had you never met me, had I been dead long ego. It would have been better for a lot of people." He raises his eyes looking into her own, eyes full of despair. "If I'd been dead, you would never have met me. You would have never met Lucedio, and you would have never given him any reason to hate you." He sighed dejectedly, as finished what he had to say. "If I had died, Lucedio would never have had need to hunt anyone down."
Chava tears her hand from his, curling her arms around herself and turning herself to the side, so she could no longer see him. It was too much to handle, and it was upsetting her, so much, to see him this way, blaming himself for her injuries when he was the reason they weren't any worse. She takes a deep breath, wishing she could physically get out of bed to teach him for a lesson for speaking as he was, wishing she could do more. But for now, it just hurt. "Please stop," she whispers, still not turning to face him. She would do what it takes. This was a different kind of hurt, he was showing her. "That hurts, Damien." Emotionally, but she didn't care. "Keep your promise." Chava takes a deep breath, her head pounding, skin still feeling bruised and burnt, the deeper cuts healing with his earlier potion. Which didn't stop the blood from drying on her and making her look almost worse. "Before I start using your words against you, and say I wish I had died last night." A pause, a beat. "The apology in the message I sent you was a sorry for dying on you. I expected it."
|| His eyes welled up with tears as he realized what she was saying. He had promised not to harm her, yet he was doing exactly the opposite with every words. "I'm..." he paused. It seemed that no matter what he did, he would always cause pain to those he cared about. While he was certainly glad he added intentional to his vow, it didn't stop the pain of breaking his vow. "I'm sorry." His eyes widened, and he shook his head. "Please don't say that..." His voice trailed off as he tried to keep himself composed. No matter what without fail, he always seemed to be bad luck towards those he got close to. Even after sorry he couldn't help but blame himself, but for something else entirely. Breaking his promise.
Chava winces when she hears the pain in his voice, so unusual for him. It was throwing her off, and she had a hard time figuring out what to do. He really was opening up to her, and she supposed for that she was grateful. Biting her lip, she turns back over to look at him once more, scooting over and once more reaching out for his hand. "Come here," she mumbles, reaching to brush his cheek with her fingers. She refused to see tears come from his eyes, as that would be too much for her to handle. "I won't say it of me if you don't say it of you," she says, frowning, tugging at his hand to pull him close. "I promise that, so long as you do. It's okay, love." She sighs, moving to press a kiss to his cheek. "Don't be upset or sad over me."
|| A broken smile appears on his face as she turns around to face him. Inching his chair closer to follow with her mumbling, he leans closer. Blinking his tears away, trying to appear less weak, he smiles lightly "I can accept that compromise." He knew that times weren't always going to be great, but he figured that compromises would make things better than they could be. "I won't say anything more on that matter." He reaches out with his hand, cupping her cheek, before planting a kiss on her forehead. "As long as we don't give up on each other, I think we'll be fine." He winces at her next words before saying, "I can't promise that I won't be sad over you."
Chava eyes his chair and tugs him closer again, motioning to the spot next to her on the bed. She was getting tired, and she had no clue how long he had been up, but it had to have been for a while. She tugs at his hand. "You need sleep, I can tell," she mumbles, stifling a yawn as she spoke. "So do I. It's... starting to hurt more again," she admits. She frowns at his last statement, shaking her head. "I'll be okay. I'm never planning on dying on you," she smiles gently. "Please be happy, at least for now, be glad I'm not dead at least." She nods. It was time for sleep, and sleep for a while, but she didn't want to be alone. She could feel the nightmares coming now, and she didn't want him away from her. "Sleep... but don't go," she mumbles, rather sheepishly. "Stay with me."
Damien waves Chava's wand at the blanket, removing the freezing charm that was holding her mostly in place. "I could use a bit of sleep." he mumbles to himself. He'd been up most of the night and the tendrils of sleep were already seeping into his mind. "I guess I can be happy with that, as long as you don't plan on dying." he folded back the blanket already slipping into the bed as she finishes saying to stay with her. He wraps an arm around her, "I love you." he says the last vestiges of awareness sleeping away into sleep.
Chava smiles happily, pulling him close to her, wrapping an arm around his torso. "Neither of us will die for a very long time, if I can help it," she whispers in his ear. She pulls him by the chin, pressing a very gentle kiss to his lips, before resting her head back, closing her eyes. "I love you too," she whispers in return, before slipping into sleep herself, right along with him.
Comments
Post a Comment